Uncompromising Flexibility for Machine Tools
CAMWorks Multiaxis Milling software for Solid Edge for programming multi-axis CNC machines allows for a wide variety of uses and applications. It is useful for both shops and manufacturing facilities that require flexibility in their software and machine tools.Multiple Multi-Axis modules for your requirements:*
- 3 Axis Mill with undercutting - For 3 axis machining requiring undercutting.
- 4 Axis Mill - For up to 4 axis simultaneous machining
- 5 Axis Mill - For up to 5 axis simultaneous machining
*All Multiaxis modules include 2.5 Axis Mill and 3 Axis Mill.
Machine Complex Parts
CAMWorks 4/5 Axis simultaneous machining programming software allows the user to create toolpaths across complex shapes that could not be machined on 3 Axis machines. This includes high-performance automotive port finishing, impellers, turbine blades, cutting tools, 5 Axis trimming, and undercut machining in mold and die making. CAMWorks 4 Axis simultaneous machining is designed for complex rotary applications such as camshafts, extrusion screws and blades.
Reduce Cycle Time - Improve Surface Finish - Extend Tool Life
- Shorter cutting tools can be used since the tool can be tilted to adjust the angle between the cutter and the part. The increased rigidity of shorter tools allows you to take advantage of the high-speed options in CAMWorks to machine at higher speeds with no loss in accuracy. The result is better surface quality and reduced finishing time.
- Generating 5 Axis swarf toolpaths instead of traditional 3 Axis toolpaths can result in fewer cut passes and improved surface finish.
- By optimizing the angle between the tool and the surface, it is possible to achieve a constant chip load and a high feedrate at the contact point. The result is improved surface finish and extended tool life.
- Parts that previously required multiple setups can be machined in a single setup with simultaneous control of the rotary axis. In addition to saving time, this also cuts down on mistakes that might be made during multiple setups.