Universal Post Generator
SOLIDWORKS CAM® and CAMWorks® use a post processor to convert virtual information and toolpaths into machine tool specific CNC code (often called G-code) required for CNC machining. Each post processor is designed to generate quality CNC code that meets the requirements of the machine control.
The flexible, easy-to-use graphical interface of the Universal Post Generator or UPG is designed so users can quickly customize post processors to generate edit-free code for their machining environment. The Universal Post Generator allows to you to customize post processors for both basic and complex code generation requirements and supports a variety of CNC machines and controls. The CNC code that is generated can be optimized for your facility's machines and production methods.
The UPG allows you to customize:
- The CNC Code (G-code) that is generated when a part is post processed in SOLIDWORKS CAM® or CAMWorks®
- Parameters on the Posting tab in the Machining Parameters dialog box
- Pre-defined defaults for common types of CNC Controls to minimize the configuration necessary
- Similar controls can be configured using a copy of a customized template
- Easily set up the sequence of events for functions such as start and end of tape, tool changes, rapid motions, linear motions, circular motions, canned cycles, etc.
- Quickly compile, debug and test the CNC code (G-code)