A review of the latest integrated CAD/CAM technology will be provided, along with real-world examples of how this technology is being used to automate the design through manufacturing process. Topics will include Smart Manufacturing & Industry 4.0, design for manufacture, the latest CAM technology for SOLIDWORKS, digital manufacturing using Model Based Design (MBD) and Product Manufacturing Information (PMI), and the expanding SOLIDWORKS manufacturing eco-system.
Information regarding feature based CAM, automatic feature recognition, and intelligence based machining will be shared. Advanced manufacturing solutions including production machining using 4 axis horizontal machining centers, multi-axis machining using 4 and 5 axis CNC machines, and advanced turning & multi-tasking mill-turn centers will be reviewed… and data from real-world case studies will also be included.
In addition, the session will include information regarding the latest advances in high speed machining, the advantages of integrated fully associative CAD/CAM, the future of CAD/CAM including additive & subtractive manufacturing, Smart Manufacturing and the IIOT, and the 4th industrial revolution. A question and answer session will be included following the presentation.
- Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 are quickly leading us to the 4th Industrial Revolution.
- Model Based Design (MBD) and Product Manufacturing (PMI) can be leveraged to accelerate the design through manufacturing process.
- The latest trends in advanced manufacturing include high speed machining, integrated CAD/CAM and additive/subtractive manufacturing.
- Feature Based integrated CAD/CAM automates the design change process through associativity.
- Several manufacturing automation tools are available, including DFM, automatic feature recognition, and intelligence based machining.