CAMWorks Mill-Turn (Live-C) Machining
CAMWorks Mill-Turn multi-function machining includes milling and turning capabilities for multi-tasking machine centers.
- Supports C, Y and B axis machining at compound angles.
- Supports 5 axis simultaneous machining.
Mill-Turn extends the capabilities of CAMWorks Milling and Turning
- The same Mill and Turn features identified by Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) and defined using Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR) are supported in Mill-Turn. IFR can be used to define 3 Axis features for Y-axis milling and wrapped features for cylindrical features machined by C-axis motion.
- The operations that are generated for features are the same as the operations in CAMWorks 2.5 Axis Milling, 3 Axis Milling and Turning. These include automatic roughing, finishing, thread milling and single point (drilling, boring, reaming, tapping) cycles and all 3 Axis cycles.
C, Y and B Axis Machining
Machining cycles are available for C, Y and B axis machining at compound angles and on the Face, ID and OD of a part.
The following mill tool axis motion is supported:
C-Axis OD (OD Free, Wrapped)
- Generates wrapped toolpath on a cylinder about the turning axis (Z). Z and C arecontrolled simultaneously while the tool stays on the centerline of the part.
Y-Axis OD (OD Fixed)
- Toolpath is generated on a fixed C-axis position.
- For 2.5 Axis Milling, the tool moves to depth in X with Y,Z simultaneous cutting.
- Toolpath is generated on a fixed C and B axis position
- For 2.5 Axis Milling, the tool moves to depth in one axis with simultaneous cutting in other axes.
Face Milling (Fixed, Free)
- For 2½ Axis Milling, the tool positions to depth in Z with X,Y simultaneous or X,C simultaneous cutting.
Datta Enterprises: A CAMWorks Success Story
“We believe that we will be able to service our customers better through greater manufacturing accuracy afforded by the platform. We also expect to improve our business flexibility and take up more complex jobs. CAMWorks brings in greater predictability into a job, which is very important.” - Shailendra Bhosle, Datta Enterprises
Datta Enterprises is a high-end manufacturer of critical engine and structural components for aerospace companies, oil field operators, and high-speed packaging machines, Kolhapur-based Datta Enterprises builds customized parts for its clients.