Introducing CAMWorks 2019
CAMWorks 2019 is the most advanced CAM software available, combining production-proven feature based CAM technology, automatic feature recognition, and rules based machining along with tolerance based machining to leverage MBD and PMI technology to automate Smart Manufacturing for CNC programming – paving the way to advanced digital manufacturing.
NEW! CAMWorks Additive Manufacturing
Program your 3D metal printer and CNC machine all in one easy to use system with full associativity!
- Powered by Materialise!
- The only combination additive/subtractive solution for SOLIDWORKS®!
- Automatic and interactive build supports
- Fully associative additive and subtractive manufacturing operations
Tolerance Based Machining (TBM)
Automate CNC programming using MBD & PMI data for Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0!
- TBM now supports Turning and Mill/Turn!
- Reads GD&T and automatically and selects the correct machining strategy!
- Fully integrated within CAMWorks
- Reassign strategies based on TBM settings
Powerful UX User Improvements
Streamline the CNC programming of SOLIDWORKS® parts & assemblies to reduce delivery time!
- Display settings for Contain and Avoid areas
- New advanced toolpath editing UI for milling with a multitude of new features
- Improved selection of curve features
- Ability to define tapered shank milling tools
New 3, 4 & 5 Axis Milling Features
Precisely control multi-axis toolpaths, improve tool-life, reduce cycle time, and improve quality!
- All new 5 axis Swarf Milling functionality!
- Previous tool option for Area Clear using the new Advanced 3 axis milling
- Rest machining using Model Offset
- New functionality to move mill features independent of the solid model
2 & 4 Axis Turning Improvements
Reduce cycle time using multiple tools & turrets, avoid broken tools & scrap parts and improve quality.
- New simultaneous pinch turning capabilities for rough and finish turning!
- Simultaneous machining support for up to 4 turrets using the improved Sync Manager
Turn & Mill/Turn Enhancements
Avoid broken tools, get the most from your tooling, and improve quality.
- Collision checking along the Y axis for turning tools , inserts, and tool holders
- Ability to calculate the minimum bore diameter for tools to avoid collisions
Advanced Milling Capabilities
Capture best practices, reduce programming time standardize to improve quality
- New chamfer machining for curve features
- XY Lead-ins & Lead-outs for curve features
- CNC compensation on curve features
- Optimize feedrates for sharp corners & arcs
Knowledge Based Machining - TechDB
Capture best practices, reduce programming time standardize to improve quality.
- Assign default strategies to CNC machines
- New parameter settings for Advanced 3 axis toolpath generation
- Ability to assign either the front or rear turret when generating operations
Automate and better control AFR for machining of complex holes.
- Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) of user defined multi-stepped holes
- Change the end conditions of holes using automatic feature recognition
Advanced High Speed Machining
Reduce cycle time by up 80%, increase tool life by 500%, get the most from your tooling!
- New clearance plane options for 2.5 axis VoluMill toolpaths
- Tool holder avoidance for 3 axis VoluMill
- New Zig-zag cut method for rough machining using CAMWorks VoluMill
What's New in CAMWorks 2019
CAMWorks for 2019 provides advanced new features to help you take full advantage of your CNC machines
See What's New in CAMWorks 2019
What's new in CAMWorks 2019!
- Tolerance Based Machining (TBM)
- Powerful User Experience Improvements
- Enhanced Milling Capabilities
- 2 & 4 Axis Turning Improvements
- Multi-tasking Mill/Turn Enhancements
- New 4 & 5 Multi-Axis Milling Features
- TechDB - Knowledge Based Machining
- Advanced High Speed Machining
- Advanced Milling Enhancements